Carthage , North Carolina
Scottsville, New York
San Luis Obispo, California
Dover, New Hampshire
Brewster, New York
Calgary (Rocky View County), Alberta, Canada
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Location: Perris, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive and Negotiable
Equine Athlete Veterinary Services is a multi-state, multi-location practice serving some of the most elite show and competition horses in the united states.
With a primary focus in sports medicine and lameness, our practice has thoughtfully developed a Sports Medicine Fellowship program designed to help veterinarians grow professionally. Our multifaceted approach focuses on practicing a high level of veterinary medicine, mastering technical skills, and developing a comprehensive understanding of case management.
• The Sports Medicine Fellowship is a 2-year position working directly with Equine Athlete partner Dr. Krystle O’Cull and our West Coast division based out of Southern California, traveling monthly(+) to Scottsdale, AZ, and horse shows across the country.
• There is no on-call requirement with this position, with the exception of the possibility during attended horse shows.
• This position is all ambulatory and centered around the management of today’s equine athlete; it offers the opportunity to see a vast number of cases, rapidly gaining extensive experience in lameness diagnosis, imaging, and therapeutics. We are proud of our culture of strong mentorship from the more experienced practitioners and our sense of teamwork amongst peers and staff across all locations.
• One of the strengths of this program is its high level of mentorship and hands-on experience. Many of our patients stay in our care for decades; the opportunity to closely follow these athletes, from their response to treatment to their recovery from injuries, presents a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience with case management.
• Travel is part of our success as a practice. Our involvement at training farms and horse shows provides the competitive advantage of continuity of care for these athletes throughout their careers and is what sets our team apart in the performance horse industry. Interns and Fellows who have participated in our programs have found the hands-on experience, skillset, and overall knowledge base gained during their time was unparalleled to that of their peers in similar programs.
No positions within our practice are hired-on as temporary help for the season or year and have the primary goal of a long-term relationship and position within our growing company. As our Fellows transition to an Associate within our team, we strive to provide you with the tools and support needed to build your own caseload around your specific area(s) of interest!
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
LEARN MORE: www.equineathlete.pro/career-opportunities
This position is open to internship graduates or practitioners with two to four years of experience; it is all ambulatory and centered around the management of today’s equine athlete -- traveling to horse shows and training barns is a part of our success as a practice. All travel expenses are covered.