Calgary, Alberta, Canada
New Hill, North Carolina
Santa Fe, New Mexico
College Station, Texas
Rochester, New Hampshire
Califon, New Jersey
Carthage , North Carolina
Scottsville, New York
San Luis Obispo, California
Location: Okemos, Michigan
Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive and Negotiable
Equine Athlete Veterinary Services is a multi-state, multi-location practice serving some of the most elite show and competition horses in the united states.
With a primary focus in sports medicine and lameness, our practice has thoughtfully developed Sports Medicine Internship and Fellowship programs designed to help veterinarians grow professionally. Our multifaceted approach focuses on practicing a high level of veterinary medicine, mastering technical skills, and developing a comprehensive understanding of case management.
• The Sports Medicine Internship is a 1-year position working directly with Equine Athlete partner Dr. Brad Hill and our Michigan division, including Associate Dr. Meagan Szarek and Dr. Katelynn Cox.
• There is no on-call requirement with this position, with the exception of the possibility during attended horse shows.
• This position is all ambulatory and centered around the management of today’s equine athlete; it offers the opportunity to see a vast number of cases, rapidly gaining extensive experience in lameness diagnosis, imaging, and therapeutics. We are proud of our culture of strong mentorship from the more experienced practitioners and our sense of teamwork amongst peers and staff across all locations.
• One of the strengths of this program is its high level of mentorship and hands-on experience. Many of our patients stay in our care for decades; the opportunity to closely follow these athletes, from their response to treatment to their recovery from injuries, presents a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience with case management.
• Travel is part of our success as a practice. Our involvement at training farms and horse shows provides the competitive advantage of continuity of care for these athletes throughout their careers and is what sets our team apart in the performance horse industry. Interns and Fellows who have participated in our programs have found the hands-on experience, skillset, and overall knowledge base gained during their time was unparalleled to that of their peers in similar programs.
No positions within our practice are hired-on as temporary help for the season or year and have the primary goal of a long-term relationship and position within our growing company. Interns have the opportunity to transition into the fellowship position immediately. As a Fellow transitioning to an Associate within our team, we strive to provide you with the tools and support needed to build your own caseload around your specific area(s) of interest!
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Learn more: www.equineathlete.pro/career-opportunities
This position is open to new graduates; it is all ambulatory and centered around the management of today’s equine athlete -- traveling to horse shows and training barns is a part of our success as a practice. All travel expenses are covered.