Scottsville, New York
Pennsylvania, New Jersey
Redwood City, California
Laguna Hills, California
El Cajon, California
Location: Poulsbo, Washington
Type: Full Time
Sound Equine Veterinary Hospital, located in the beautiful Puget Sound region of Washington State, has an opening for a full-time Associate Veterinarian. Sound Equine is an expanding practice moving towards becoming a full-service referral hospital. We have a loyal, established clientele who care about their horses, and see a diverse caseload, including sport horses, rodeo, pleasure, and beloved pets. We offer both in-clinic and ambulatory services, with a shared responsibility for inpatient care, and are looking for a candidate who is committed to providing the best possible care for hospitalized and ambulatory patients, from an old donkey to a high end sport horse. Areas of particular need in the practice (include but are not limited to) sport horse medicine/acupuncture/chiropractic, reproduction, or an interest in farm animal medicine. We support each veterinarian’s interests, and are happy to guide scheduling toward your strengths and interests. Capacity to run general anesthesia is a plus, but not a requirement as is experience managing inpatient care.
As a member of the Sound Equine team, you will enjoy:
- Flexible full or part-time scheduling with fringe benefits available for PT employees
- An immediately available caseload
- A well-equipped hospital with inside and outside stalls, an arena and a round pen
- Extensive diagnostic capabilities including a full on-site lab, digital radiography, and ultrasonography, 3m/1.5m endoscope
- Therapies including shockwave and regenerative medicine
- A growing surgical practice with an on-site surgery suite and recovery stall
- A fully equipped truck for farm calls.
- A dedicated assistant to facilitate your efficiency
- Weekly doctor's meetings to maintain a cohesive and collaborative culture
- Emergency coverage duties typically include a rotation of every 5th weekend, one weekday, and occasional backup call - unless more is desired.
The Pacific Northwest is a beautiful region, with a temperate climate. The Olympic peninsula is to our West, and the bustle of Seattle is just a ferry boat ride away. Mountains, water, forests, and big city interests are all within easy reach, and the cost of living is reasonable. Whether you want to be close to it all, or get away from it all, you can find your home here in Poulsbo!
If this sounds like a team you are interested in joining, please send your CV to Dr. Margot Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to view all of our open Equine and Mixed Practice positions.