Ringoes, New Jersey
Crosswicks, New Jersey
Fishkill, New York
Fairhill , Maryland
Millbrook, New York
Redwood City, California
North Fort Myers, Florida
Sturgis, South Dakota
Hope Mills, North Carolina
Santa Clarita, California
Location: Ocala, Florida
Type: Avenues Internship
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: Competitive compensation
Internal Number: 2022
INTERN CANDIDATES FOR THE HORSE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD OCALA, FLORIDA
Our intern positions are designed for a newly graduated veterinarian in our equine practice. We offer three rotating internships yearly. By the completion of your internship, you will have the opportunity of learning and gaining experience as a practicing veterinarian in the disciplines of ambulatory and surgical veterinary medicine with the goal of helping to be prepared you to enter into whatever veterinary discipline you desire.
The internships start the first week of July and finish the following year at the end of June. The interns rotate between surgery and ambulatory services. In the hospital, the interns will see greater than 1200 elective surgical cases. Approximately 80% these cases are orthopedic (arthroscopy, fracture fixation) with the other 20% being soft tissue (upper airway, urogenital). On our ambulatory service interns will have significant exposure to lameness (especially in training horses), sales work, reproduction and general farm healthcare.
Our goal is to provide interns with a solid foundation to support their future career. Whether their goal is a residency or private practice, we feel that our practice provides ample opportunity and exposure to develop the skills necessary to be successful in either endeavor.
We recommend intern candidates complete a one to two week externship at our practice prior to applying, however, it is not required.
Prerequisites for Internship application:
Letter of Intent, CV and three letters of reference. Externship at the hospital are suggested but not required. Florida licensure or eligibility for Florida licensure is required. Attend a series of practice wet labs.
Applications may be emailed (preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Ocala Equine Hospital, Attention: Cyndi Ray, 10855 NW US Hwy 27, Ocala, FL 34482