Johns Island, South Carolina
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Califon, New Jersey
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
North Grafton, Massachusetts
Elk River, Minnesota
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Greenville, North Carolina
Location: Ames, Iowa
Type: Full Time
Required Education: DVM or equivalent
Internal Number: R6359
The College of Veterinary Medicine at Iowa State University (ISU) is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, tenure or clinical track faculty appointment in Anesthesiology in the Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences (VCS) and the Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center (LVMC). The LVMC is a state-of-the-art teaching hospital providing specialized care for companion and production animals throughout Iowa and the surrounding states.
The candidate will join an anesthesia team comprised of 3 faculty anesthetist that are complemented by 7 veterinary technician dedicated to the anesthesia section. Moreover, the department maintains a diverse faculty and staff, allied in teaching, research, and clinical efforts. The department is seeking a candidate who is committed to excellent patient care, shares an enthusiasm for educating students, technicians, and house officers, and who will strive to enhance the national prominence of the LVMC’s Anesthesiology section. Candidates are expected to develop creative programs in scholarship, didactic and laboratory teaching in anesthesiology, academic service, and outreach activities. The appointment rank and percent effort for tenure or clinical track positions is negotiable and determined by the candidate’s qualifications, expertise, and special interests. Clinical duties will include weekend, holiday, and after-hours service that are shared amongst the anesthesia faculty.
- DVM or equivalent degree.
- Successful completion of an American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ACVAA) or European College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ECVAA) residency program. Individuals having credentials accepted by the ACVAA/ECVAA or in their final year of an accredited residency training program are also encouraged to apply.
- State of Iowa Veterinary License on or before first day of employment.
- Board-certification with the American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ACVAA) or European College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ECVAA).
- Additional years of clinical anesthesia experience in a progressive, diverse, and high-quality veterinary center.
- Additional years of experience teaching professional veterinary students in clinics.
- A unique clinical focus that will enhance existing anesthesia service activities in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
- Additional anesthesia experience managing equine, agricultural animal, and small animal cases.
- A record of scholarship obtained through peer-reviewed publications, abstract presentations, and scientific presentations (poster or podium) given at national/international scientific meetings.
- Evidence of grant submission, research funding, and successful completion of research projects.