Calhan Veterinary Clinic is looking for an associate veterinarian for our mixed-animal practice! This position could be full-time or part-time; large animal expertise is not necessary - we can accommodate a full-time small animal practitioner. Salary is commensurate with experience; new graduates will begin at $70,000 - $75,000.00/year plus benefits; this is negotiable. We offer a 4-day work week and at least 2 Saturdays per month off. Enjoy all that the area of America’s Mountain offers! New grads are encouraged to apply! Calhan is located next to one of the largest growing zip codes in Colorado. Enjoy small town living near a big city. Our doctor is turning down work regularly, making the potential for growth almost unlimited. Virtually any area of the practice could be expanded – the choice is yours, with potential for buy-in! Email: email@example.com or call 719-347-2702 for Dr. DeAngelo.
We are located about 35 miles northeast of Colorado Springs, off Highway 24. We are less than an hour away from the amazing Pike’s Peak Region. Rated as one of the top places in the country to live, Colorado Springs offers fine arts, major artist performances, amazing restaurants, history, and more. A strong military presence, headed by the Air Force Academy, is a big part of the culture of the area. Beyond the city lies the Rocky Mountains with unlimited opportunities to hike, fish, climb, and enjoy the outdoors. 90 minutes from Calhan is historic Cripple Creek with old-town casinos, gold mining, arts performances and the beauty of the Royal Gorge nearby. You could be fishing, back-packing, camping, or just enjoying the beauty of Seven Falls in an hour or less! The nearest Wal-Mart is 18 miles away from Calhan, along with Safeway and many fast-food choices. Several restaurants are also available within 20 minutes. Enjoy the quiet, small-town life, but also have a large city just minutes away. Examples of businesses in Calhan are a bank, grocery store, gas and convenience store, restaurants, “dollar” stores, livestock auction and medical clinic plus more! The Calhan School offers K-12 education with scores well above state averages, and learning choices to fit every student, including FFA. Many 4-H groups compete at the county fair less than a half-mile away. Within one mile of Calhan is the Paint Mine Interpretive State Park. Unique rock structures and colors offer a tremendous and easy walk. Volunteer opportunities are available with the Calhan Lion’s Club, local food pantry, school, and more. The town also boasts several churches of multiple denominations.
Calhan Veterinary Clinic is a progressive, mixed-animal practice – about 90% small animal. The remaining 10% is comprised of equine, livestock (beef cattle), sheep, goats, camelids, and pet pigs. We make patient care and comfort a priority, along with customer service. We have begun our Fear Free Certification. Some of our features include digital x-ray (including dental), ultrasound, in-house lab, licensed boarding facility, haul-in facilities for large animals, and upgraded ambulatory capability with new truck and Bowie Box. Calhan Veterinary Clinic is proud of its dental program, and all our technicians, along with our doctor, have received extra training in small animal dentistry and we take full-mouth radiographs on every cleaning. Dr. DeAngelo is also certified in veterinary acupuncture and laser therapy. We are strong proponents of continuing education and encourage our staff to increase their knowledge. We offer a strong mentorship program, utilizing the services of our outside laboratories, a mobile small animal surgeon, a nearby board-certified veterinary dentist, and a board-certified radiologist who reviews the vast majority of images we take. You will have very limited night duty as small animal emergencies are sent to one of 2 small animal ER clinics in Colorado Springs. We also utilize the services of a veterinary ultrasound technician with studies sent to a board-certified radiologist. We currently have 2 full-time Certified Veterinary Technicians, 1 full-time technician eligible for certification, and one Certified Veterinary Technician/Office Manager, as well as a receptionist (graduate technician), Certified Veterinary Assistant and part-time cleaning/maintenance staff member.
We require a licensed veterinarian, eligible to work and live in the United States. Small animal practitioners will be strongly considered. There will be on-call duty and some weekend work. Team mentality is a must. We have a strong team with an excellent work ethic! We value personal time and respect family commitment.