We seek a veterinarian that is caring, intelligent, motivated and a team player. 80 percent of our work is small animal and will occupy most of your time. The remaining 20 percent of the work is large animal; equine, camelid, bovine, and small ruminant. This particular blend of small and large animal load provides most mixed animal veterinarians with a nice career/life balance.
We are a 7 doctor mixed animal practice that has serviced our community for 40 years. We believe in quality and evidence based care at an affordable price. We work as a team, pooling our knowledge to help our patients. We have a large modern facility. Our 7 exam rooms are spacious and comfortable. We have separate large dog, small dog, cat and isolation wards. Our surgery suite is spacious and accommodates 2 tables. We have 3 wet tables for dental care and a dedicated suite for ultrasound and endoscopy. We have a 3 stall barn with turnouts and automated fluid hoists. Our horse treatment area is awesome and is immediately adjacent to our induction stall and dedicated surgery suite. Our in house lab is fully equipped and automated. We use only digital radiography for large and small animals. We have a 12 mm endoscope, a Companion Therapeutic Laser, a digital ultrasound unit, and digital records. If you have a special interest and aptitude we will support it and/or help you develop it.
1. Must be able to provide large animal care during and after hours on a rotating basis. We provide after hours care for large animals but refer the small animal after hours care to a local emergency clinic.
2. Must be able to provide qualified small animal care.
3. Must take a modern, evidence based approach to medicine and surgery.
4. Must be able to perform small animal general surgery (spay, neuters, exploratory laparotomy, gastropexy, lump removals, etc).
5. Must be able to provide basic large animal care (equine colic basics, rectal exams, laceration repair, NG tubing, hoof care basics, basic diagnostics).
6. Must be trainable and must be willing to help train others.
7. Must possess strong communication skills.
8. Must be able to work a flexible schedule. The schedule is balanced between all vets involved and published well in advance.
9. No drama.