Moore Equine Veterinary Centre Ltd. is seeking an Ambulatory Associate Veterinarian with a Reproductive Focus for our high quality equine practice in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Moore Equine is the largest equine practice in Canada. Our team currently consists of 12 full time veterinarians including 2 surgeons. Our team also consists of 3 part-time internal medicine specialists, 2 part-time surgeons, 5 interns and a world class support staff. We have boarded specialists in surgery, internal medicine, sports medicine and rehabilitation, veterinary practice (equine) and theriogenology. We also have multiple veterinarians certified in equine chiropractic and acupuncture therapies.
Moore Equine prides itself on providing exceptional, full service care in our hospital and ambulatory settings. We are a progressive practice that utilizes the latest techniques and technologies available. We also have a close working relationship with the University of Calgary Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
Our reproductive practice ranges from on-farm Thoroughbred management to assisted reproductive techniques. Approximately 75% of the reproductive caseload is done in-clinic at our south Calgary location. The remaining 25% is done on farm. The breed breakdown is varied with approximately 15% Thoroughbred, 45% warmblood, 35% Quarter Horse and 5% various other breeds.
Depending on the candidate, the position can either be year round or seasonal. The reproductive caseload can be tailored to the applicant and can vary from 50 - 100% during the breeding season.
The successful applicant will be team orientated, energetic and have excellent people skills. An internship is required. Prior reproductive experience is an asset but an inexperienced person with a desire to learn will also be considered. A DVM or equivalent and eligibility for licensure in Alberta is also required. Boarded theriogenologists are encouraged to apply.
Calgary has a diverse and active horse population thanks to world class facilities such as Spruce Meadows and the Calgary Stampede. The Calgary region has a young, active population of over 1.5 million people and is close to the Rockies which make it an outdoor paradise.
Moore Equine offers a generous compensation package that includes health/dental insurance, paid CE and Alberta licensing fees. Generous signing bonus and relocation expenses covered.
Please send your CV and letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org