Roaring Fork Equine Medical Center is committed to working with students to facilitate hands-on clinical experience. Our goal is to enhance medical and surgical case knowledge through exposure to a diverse range of cases. Extern students participate in observation of day-to-day operation, as well as emergencies and overnight care. Students will be exposed to cases both in hospital and ambulatory.
Nights and weekends
Offers a progressive and fast paced work environment.
Students in their third or fourth year of veterinary school are encouraged to apply for one or two week rotations. Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include preferred dates of visit.
- A positive attitude
- Previous Equine Experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing fast paced environment