Are you looking to join a progressive practice located in south central PA? Does an opportunity to use your leadership skills while working with a skilled and caring staff interest you? Shippensburg Animal Hospital is seeking a full time Medical Director to lead our 3-location, mixed-animal practice. Our eight-veterinarian team has been proudly delivering high quality medical and surgical care to our patients in the Cumberland Valley region for over 50 years.
The Medical Director serves as the clinical leader of the Hospital. He or she is responsible for the ongoing evaluation and management of clinical practices as well as patient care delivery. The Medical Director works in partnership with the practice manager and CVP to ensure proper medical case management and to provide an excellent experience for our clients and their pets. The duties and responsibilities would include:
· Inspire hospital team to create and maintain a positive and productive environment by setting the example in work habits and communication with staff and clients.
· Be supportive of and contribute to the operational and financial goals of the hospital.
· Participate in yearly budgeting process, monthly P&L reviews and discuss weekly financial reports with practice manager.
· Attend bi-annual CVP/ Hospital Strategic Planning meetings.
· Communicate with other departments and attend all required meetings, including staff meetings and the hospital leadership team meeting.
· Chair a routine doctor’s Meeting, collect agenda suggestions, provide the agenda topics and the meeting minutes to the practice manager for distribution to the veterinarians and the practice manager.
· Complete additional hospital projects as needed.
· Create and implement Best Practice standards to ensure an excellent standard of care to all patients at every visit.
· Train, coach and supervise technician and kennel staff.
· Oversee onboarding and ongoing training for clinicians. Mentor new doctors on medical standards and client communication.
· Communicate, abide by and ensure compliance to state veterinary governing regulations.
· Complete monthly doctor schedule and ensure appropriate hospital and on call hours’ coverage. Submit to director of field operations two months in advance.
· Evaluate clinician’s performance, including the yearly performance evaluation and a review of completed medical records on a regular basis.
· Research, present and implement new service and product opportunities.
· Provide clear and concise verbal and written instructions regarding department standards, policies and procedures. Ensure that doctors are informed of changes.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
- DVM or VMD degree
- At least 5 years of practice experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory position
- Proven track record of collaborative leadership preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits, including medical benefits, vacation and holiday pay, continuing education allowance and 401k.
Join our team in an exciting environment where the needs of the patients are put first with ample opportunity for future personal growth. The quality of life in south central PA and its semi-rural environment in close proximity to major urban areas offer the best of both worlds