Richard Dunn, DVM, from Countryside Animal Clinic in picturesque Citrus County FL is seeking a full-time or part-time mixed animal veterinarian to join his well designed & growing AAHA Accredited hospital. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in medicine, be client oriented with exceptional client education skills, and be a dedicated and enthusiastic team player.
* A signing bonus and/or relocation allowance is available for the right candidate. New and recent graduates that would like to practice exceptional medicine in a supportive environment are encouraged to apply. Countryside Animal Clinic has been serving the Citrus County community since 1984 and prides itself on client education and delivering excellent customer service. The hospital has also been AAHA Accredited since 2013.
We are located in historic Citrus County on the west coast of Florida along the Nature Coast. We are located in a semi-rural area with many recreational activities such as biking, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, golf and much more. The area has a low crime rate and good schools. If you crave big city activities Orlando, Tampa & Gainesville are only a little over an hour away.
We are passionate about veterinary medicine and are looking for someone who shares our passion. Our team has a strong partnership with clients built on clear, consistent communication and education. We tailor vaccine schedules and medical treatment to meet the needs of each patient. Countryside Animal Clinic has a stellar reputation in the community as evidenced by our client's testimonials & reviews.
Our 6 DVM hospital stresses preventive care, dentistry, exceptional medical workups & treatments, surgery, as well as behavior and nutrition counseling. As a full service hospital we feature in-house laboratory equipment, digital radiology, digital dental radiology, surgical laser, therapy laser, endoscope, ultrasound, a mobile unit as well as pet ambulance. We deliver high quality medicine in a progressive, team based environment utilizing a highly trained technical and support staff. We have been a paperless practice using ImproMed Infinity for many years. Our staff to doctor ratio is greater than 5:1. Our normal work schedules are flexible. Our technical staff is highly trained and experienced, and includes Florida Certified Veterinary Technicians. Our Doctors and support staff truly do work as a team. Work is more satisfying when you enjoy the environment and the people you work with. Our doctors work an average of 4 days per week and receive above average compensation and benefits. We see 92% small animal and 8% equine with some exotics, and are open to new interests.
We are looking for just the right individual with 3+ years of experience in general medicine and surgery to join our dynamic and compassionate team, and will consider recent graduates with exceptional communication and medical skills. The right candidate will have a strong interest in medicine, be client oriented, have strong client education skills, and be a team player. The position requires a minimum of 25 hours per week.
You must be committed to excellence in medical and surgical care and be interested in going above and beyond for patient and client care. As core components of our wellness protocols, we stress nutrition, dentistry and preventive care.
Benefits include a competitive salary, 401K, paid time off, continuing education allowance and veterinary services at a reduced rate, and a fantastic work environment.
You can find us on the web at countrysideanimalc.com
How To Apply
* To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and detailed resume in a PDF format to the attention of Dr.Richard Dunn at email@example.com.
Dr. Richard DunnOwner & Medical DirectorCountryside Animal Cliniccountrysideanimalc.comEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All applications will be treated as confidential.
* We will only be able to personally respond to qualified candidates.
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
* Equine experience is required.
* Licensure in good standing and eligibility to practice Veterinary Medicine in the State of Florida.
* Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
* The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
* Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
*A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
* The successful candidate must be able to pass a professional background check and drug test.
* A Florida driver's license and clean driving record is required.
NOTES:Additional Salary Information: Compensation is negotiable and dependent upon experience.